The Women’s Health Market Outlook to 2016
The Women’s Health Market Outlook to 2016 provides comprehensive coverage of the women’s health market, a incorporating disease overview and detailed epidemiological analyses of the major indications. This report makes an in-depth assessment of marketed products, R&D pipelines, market share data, sales forecast and the competitive landscape for the major players.
Features and benefits
* Understand how recent events are affecting the performance of major products, and how their marketers are confronting competitive market changes.
* Compare the franchises of the leading companies in global womens health market, and understand how the market share of these companies will change.
* Assess key pipeline products by indication, ongoing trials, recent product launches and key developments in R&D.
* Identify the challenges confronted by leading players, and learn from their business strategies.
* Forecast of the leading marketed and pipeline products through to 2015.
The global women’s health market in 2010 was valued at $ 23.3bn, with a CAGR of 4.2% (2005–10). It is forecasted to reach $ 32.8bn by 2016 at a CAGR of 5.9% (2010–16).
Hormonal contraceptives was the largest selling drug class in 2010 and is projected to reach $ 15.2bn by 2016. This class is dominated by generics and branded generic products. Osteoporosis treatment is the second largest drug class and consists of many blockbuster brands like Fosamax, Actonel, Evista, Bonvivia.
The top 10 brands in the women’s health market accounted for 39.5% of total sales in 2010. Seven out of the top 10 brands are forecasted to decline during the forecast period due to impending or expired patents.
For more information, please contact :